2020 Queen Elizabeth II Proof Half Sovereign (Boxed with COA)
2020 Queen Elizabeth II Proof Half Sovereign 'George III Privy Mark' - Jody Clark Portrait.
Specially struck versions of the classic gold half sovereign, struck with polished dies to create a mirrored finish to the field and a frosted one to the detail.
Obverse: The fifth definitive portrait of Her Majesty The Queen was unveiled 2nd March 2015. The design is by Jody Clark, who aged 33, is the youngest artist to have achieved this honour. The design was selected via a competition, commissioned by the Royal Mint Advisory Committee, which invited Royal Mint engravers and designers, along with specially invited artists from the public, to submit their designs..
Reverse: St.George mounted with sword attacking the dragon, streamer flowing from St George's helmet. The date appears below the exergue line at the bottom with the letters B.P. to the right.
Gold Proof Half Sovereign
- Struck in 22ct gold to Proof quality
- Queens effigy by Jody Clark
- George III Privy Mark
- 3.99g Weight/ 19.30mm Diameter
- Featuring Reverse design of St George and the dragon by Benedetto Pistrucci
- Presented within presentation case and numbered certificate of authenticity