2016 Queen Elizabeth II James Butler Proof Half Sovereign COA
The Proof Half Sovereign – featuring a celebratory obverse portrait for one year only on Proof Sovereign coins, to mark Her Majesty The Queen’s 90th birthday year. This is only the second time in Queen Elizabeth’s reign that a commemorative portrait has been used on Sovereign proof coins, the last time being in 1989.
- Struck in 22ct gold to Proof quality
- Queen Elizabeth II 90th Birthday Portrait
- 3.99g Weight/ 19.30mm Diameter
- Featuring obverse design by : James Butler
- Maximum Issue limit - 3675
- Presented within a case with numbered certificate of authenticity
The Proof Half Sovereign 2016 pays tribute to Britain’s longest reigning monarch, combining tradition with celebration in a celebratory edition that pairs the iconic image of St George with an obverse portrait of The Queen by renowned sculptor James Butler MBE RA. The fifth definitive coinage effigy of The Queen by Jody Clark, first introduced in 2015, features on the Brilliant Uncirculated Sovereign and Half-Sovereign.